An active Industry Sector Group
Euro Chlor's mission is to support a safe, sustainable & successful chlor-alkali industry for Europe. Click here to read more about this. An active Industry Sector Group, Euro Chlor is part of the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic) and aims:
To provide the European chlorine producing industry with a forum to represent its interests, and to communicate, both internally and externally, consistent messages to address the key issues which the industry faces;
To ensure that the industry’s requirements are clearly defined, and to provide an effective administration to implement these requirements;
To ensure the involvement of all European chlorine producers in the development and monitoring and implementation of the industry’s policies, requirements and activities;
To support and facilitate the product group members in accordance with their operating rules
To promote best practices in safety, environment and health throughout the industry in accordance with the Responsible Care® principles;
To collaborate with national and international organisations, particularly with the European Union and United Nations Agencies and with other chlor-alkali and chlorine derivatives associations in Europe and in other areas in the world.
In order to support the global chlor-alkali industry Euro Chlor is committed to play an active role in the World Chlorine Council
Euro Chlor provides :
- A broad network of contacts with authorities, scientific experts, the media and user industries throughout Europe and the world;
- Working parties of independent and industry specialists to undertake expert studies, create guidelines and prepare statements and position papers;
- An extensive on-line library of technical, safety and environmental protection recommendations; workshops and seminars sharing best practices in manufacture, storage and transportation;
- Information and assistance on industry standards, regulatory concerns and critical chlorine-related issues;
- Access to an Extranet providing extensive information and news to industry contacts throughout the world.
The Euro Chlor Secretariat, which also embraces the European Chlorinated Solvent Association and the Chloro Alkanes, consists of six executives with three support staff. Working with the Secretariat are a number of committees and working groups discussing specific topics like safety and security apects, health subjects, communications, statistics etc. These regularly meet to discuss plans, set priorities and work closely with the Secretariat on implementation or action programmes within the framework of overall strategies set by the Management Committee and budget approved by the Annual Assembly of members.
Become a member
Euro Chlor offers two types of membership: Member and Partner.
Read more about the terms and conditions on the 'become a member' page
Membership: Françoise Minne, Senior Assistant, fmi[a]cefic.be
Partner Membership: Chantal Peeters, Assistant Technical Dept, cpe[a]cefic.be,
Euro Chlor, a Sector Group of Cefic
Belliard 40, box 15
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: + 32 2 436 95 01
Send us an e-mail with the Euro Chlor contact form.