All technical publications
Through the Euro Chlor Technical Publications you can access the accumulated experience of our members to ensure the best health, safety and environmental protection practices in the manufacture, handling and use of chlor-alkali products.
Our database of technical publications is continuously updated with the revision of existing documents and is expanded when new documents are produced.
In addition, there are documents such as conferences proceedings and specific position papers which do not undergo any changes.
Many of the documents are highly technical, specifically produced to assist producers in setting or upgrading their own standards and policies to ensure consistency with European industry recommendations.
- If you are not involved in the chlor-alkali industry, but are interested in obtaining one of our publications you can search for them via several criteria. In the list of the documents you will obtain, check those of your specific interest en submit your request. The documents will be mailed to you.
>> Go to the document search page.
- If you are employed by a Euro Chlor member company (full member, associate member or technical correspondent), technical publications are freely available on our Members' intranet, via the software SharePoint.
>> . Please e-mail our Communications Manager Dirk Clotman using the Euro Chlor Contact Form to receive a password and login.
These include guidelines, codes of practice and recommendations on:
- Technical and safety aspects for chlorine producers and users (document name: GEST)
- Environmental protection (document name: ENV PROT)
- Health protection (document name: HEALTH)
- Analysis (document name: ANALYTICAL)
- Technology conference presentations (document name: TSEM)
- Position papers (document name: PP)
- Technical information documents (document name: TID)
- Documents on Incidents (document name: GEST AP
NB: When documents are updated, sometimes one is merged into another.
- Last update of the Technical Publications list: 07/2017
- THE reference publication for the European Chlor-Alkali industry: The Chlorine Industry Review
Documents being updated
The documents below will be updated in the forthcoming six months. If you have recommendations, ideas or wishes for items that could be incorporated into these documents please inform Ton Manders (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A new GEST 17/492 – Specifications and approval procedure for valves to be used in liquid chlorine and dry chlorine gas which combines the following documents:
GEST 06/318 – Valve Requirements and Design for Use on Liquid Chlorine
GEST 75/46 – Pneumatic Operated Valves for Use on Rail and Road Tankers and ISO-Containers for Liquid Chlorine
GEST 76/53 – Code of Good Practice for Installation, Removal and Maintenance of Pneumatic Valves on Road and Rail Tankers and ISO-Containers for Liquid Chlorine
GEST 80/85 – Code of Good Practice for Installation Removal and Maintenance of Manual Operated Chlorine Valves
GEST 86/128 – Procedure for Approval of Process Valves for Use on Liquid Chlorine
GEST 86/129 – Procedure for an Independent Assessment of Process Valves for Use on Liquid Chlorine, Prior to Consideration for Euro Chlor Approval
GEST 93/180 – Specification for Flanged Steel Ball Valves – Packed Gland- for Use on Liquid Chlorine
GEST 96/220 - Specifications of Weld Repairs during Manufacturing of Cast Valves for Liquid and Dry Gaseous Chlorine
GEST 94/201 – Procedure for Verification of Pneumatic Operated Valves for Use on Rail and Road Tankers and ISO-Containers for Liquid Chlorine
GEST 94/204 – Pneumatically operated valves for use on storage tanks forliquid Chlorine
- GEST 87/133 – Overpressure relief of chlorine installations
- GEST 75/43 – Flexible steel pipes and flexible high nickel alloy hoses for the transfer of dry gaseous or liquid chlorine
- GEST 92/175 – A scheme for safety visits to bulk chlorine customers plant
- GEST 94/207 – Code of practice for the installation of pressure sensing devices on dry gaseous and liquid chlorine applications
- GEST 94/210 – Code of practice for the installation of flow measuring devices on dry gaseous and liquid chlorine applications
- GEST 96/218 – Safe use of sodium hypochlorite at swimming pools
- GEST 98/251 – Safe use of solid chlorinated products at non-domestic swimming pools