What we do
Building on the Euro Chlor mission, the main objectives of the Euro Chlor Secretariat are:
- To provide the European chlor-alkali producing industry with a forum to represent its interests, and to communicate, both internally and externally, consistent messages to address the key issues which the industry faces;
- To ensure that the industry’s requirements are clearly defined, and to provide effective administration to implement these requirements;
- To ensure the involvement of all European chlor-alkali producers in the development, monitoring and implementation of the industry’s policies, requirements and activities;
- To support and facilitate the product group members in accordance with their operating rules
- To promote best practices in safety, environment and health throughout the industry in accordance with the Responsible Care® principles;
- To collaborate with national and international organisations, particularly with the European Union and United Nations Agencies and with other chlor-alkali and chlorine derivatives associations in Europe and in other areas in the world.
In order to support the global chlor-alkali industry, Euro Chlor also plays an active role in the World Chlorine Council.